May 19, 2013

Mobile Cash made easy

One thing that I'm quickly learning is that, when it comes to financial services, simplicity is definitely the way to go. BBVA has a convenient and intuitive service available here in Spain called "Efectivo Móvil" (Mobile Cash), which allows you to send someone money through an SMS message. Then, the person goes to an ATM, punches in their mobile number and the code they received in the message. Done.

This past Mother's Day, I was in Madrid and my daughter are still finishing up this semester in São Paulo before relocating. It would have been great if I had this type of service available through my Brazilian bank account. They would have surprised their Mom with something special.

Mobile devices are redefining everthing around us, one app at a time...

No comments: