January 30, 2009

'Stuck in the middle'... somewhere between Miami and Sao Paulo

It has been a long time since I posted something on my blog. I was out of the country for the past two weeks. So, now I'm back to one of my favorite evening activities... sitting in front of my MacBook recalling a few things that made my day or week special.

So here goes today's little story...

I have always struggled to find out what demographic group I belong to. So much has been written and said about the millenials and the Boomers.  But what happens when you're in the middle not belonging to any of these groups.  Last night, flying out of Miami International I read a great article by Jonathan Pontell in USAToday entitled "Stuck In The Middle". The article talks about the 'Generation Jones' -  the cohort born between 1954 and 1965, which includes President Obama (reason why we're probably going to hear more about this demographic).If you were also born in the 60's, it's worth reading.  I particularly enjoyed when the author speaks about the space between ".....Dylan going electric and Nirvana going unplugged."  Brilliant.  If you feel you're also kind of stuck in the middle,
click here to read the full article.


No comments: