April 30, 2011

Looking for more family moments...

As the father of two children, I find my self looking for more ways to create family moments. With our 12-year-old's increasing interest in technology and my business traveling, finding ways to connect has become particularly important for me and is a feeling that, in certain ways, is influencing my shopping considerations.

So, I was very happy when I received an e-mail from our younger daughter while I was in Miami this week asking me to go to Williams-Sonoma (which unfortunately we don't have in Brazil) to look into a gift she was suggesting for Mother's Day. She had gone online, found a product called Zoku Quick Pop Maker she thought her mom would like and saw some tutorial videos on all the cool ways to make popsicles. It sounded like a good project for the family on a Sunday morning. So, sure enough I went to the store and bought the equipment and a recipe book.

















This morning, un-boxing, reading through the instructions with them and planning tomorrow's first production was already very fun. Simple family connctions.... those are the priceless moments I'm looking for these days.


No comments: