January 2, 2013

Getting ready for the 2013 International CES next week

In a few days, I'll be going to the 2013 International CES-Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.  My first time.  I'm sure it will be an awesome opportunity to see how new trends, technologies, apps, gadgets can inspire us to identify new and exciting ways for our brands to connect.  I'm particularly interested in the areas of mobile marketing, geomarketing, and solutions to elevate the in-store experience.  However, I'm also hoping that something completely unexpected makes my list.

What I find absolutely fascinating in these types of events is, after being exposed to many technologies, trying to connect the dots.  How can the technology behind the digital wallet be used as the backbone of a mileage-type program for consumer goods or how can we leverage the penetration of mobile devices in emerging markets to accelerate open innovation?  With a little imagination, what seems at first to be unrelated, can suddenly become a huge opportunity to innovate in the way we activate our brands.  Spending time at global events like Anuga, Cannes or CES, is wonderful to step away from our day-to-day to imagine how new ideas can influence behavior... and open new business opportunities.

I couldn't think of a better way to start a new year....

No comments: