March 16, 2008

Something to Celebrate in the Skies of Brazil

I'm personally very excited with the news that David Neeleman - founder of JetBlue - is preparing to launch an airline in Brazil. The reason for my excitement is that I remember very well my first JetBlue flight between Fort Lauderdale and NY in June 2002. I will never forget the experience because it was during World Cup and I had heard that JetBlue was the first to offer live TV service onboard. The only option was flying out of Fort Lauderdale. I lived in Coral Gables, just a 10-min drive to Miami International but I decided I just had to go JetBlue so I wouldn't miss the Brazilian match. Therefore, driving an hour up I-95 seemed worth it. And it was: convenient touch-screen check-in at the airport, leather seats and a TV monitor to watch Brazil play the beautiful game... a priceless moment. The news is that the new airline will fly the mid-range Embraer EMB-190s. I'm a huge fan of Embraer, so it's one more reason why I can't wait for this new airline to start operating. 

Neeleman's innovative leadership is certainly something to celebrate in the skies of Brazil.

No comments: